Thursday, April 7, 2011

MAXImum Style

Maxi skirts and dresses are a big trend of 2011. I've been seeing them in bold colors, soft pastels, stripes, green, orange, red, neutrals, florals, etc.
I used to hate long skirts and dresses. They just made me think grandma! I thought that since we're young and have nice legs, we should show them, but this trend has definitely grown on me. I've seen maxi's worn simple and chic, classic, boho, etc.
The diversity of the trend is unbelievable, and it's hard to hate maxi's when people are wearing them so well!
While digging through old clothes stored in the garage of my house (I was looking for some vintage clothing. lol), I found this long dark blue dress with white flowers on it. It looks kinda "grandma" to me right now, but with a fedora, an awesome necklace(s), a nice belt to cinch it with, a cute bag, and some killer wedges, it might actually work! If I get the right accessories to complete the look I will definitely post some pictures of it on here.
I also found a black lace skirt and a burgundy snakeskin bag in the garage. I have no idea what to wear those with, so I'm looking for some sources inspiration...












Coming Soon: A new post of inspirational photos, the theme of my first "collection", sketches, etc.
Keep on reading this blog so you don't miss any of it! :)
& a big thanks to all my readers, you guys are awesome! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment