Friday, September 30, 2011

Diane's Fashion Obsessions: Bodycon Dresses and Skirts

Bodycon - (adj.) denoting a style of clothing characterized by very tight-fitting garments (shortening of body-conscious).


I'm so in love with this trend! Not only is it easy-to-wear and affordable, but it also compliments your figure. The bright, patterned styles are so fun and great for teenagers.


I love having contrast in my outfit because it creates a very unique and captivating look. To off-set the short length and fittedness of a bodycon dress/miniskirt I would pair it with a long sleeve shirt, boyfriend blazer, or cardigan (tights, and/or boots can work also).


The key is to make the skirt/dress look longer and more appropriate (dressing overly sexy is not appealing). Staying covered-up on top keeps you from looking too bare, but the short-length of the skirt shows off your legs.


I think Forever 21 has some of the best and most affordable bodycon skirts and dresses for teenage girls. Here are some of my top picks:




Bodycon skirts and dresses are not something only teenagers can wear; women of all ages are sporting this trend.





If you have the confidence to pull this trend off, then I say go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment