Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3.22.11 - Update: How the Blog has been going, Brittany M, What I've been up to lately...

So I've had this blog for almost a month now, and I think it's going very well. I have 87 views total so far, and my posts are starting to get more views each time! I want to thank all the people that have been supporting me by reading this blog. You really don't know how much it means to me. <3
I also want to give a big thank you to Brittany M for being my first follower and the first to comment on a post. She's a fashion designer, and we both share the same love for big bows & hair! lol She describes her line as having "modern twists on classic pieces, playful colors, and style!", and I totally agree with her. I hope you make it big Brittany, and I want to have my own fashion line like you some day. Check her blog out at http://bobbysoxerbabes.blogspot.com/.
Lately I've been studying the history of fashion, like Prehistoric, Ancient Egyptian, Indian, Roman clothing, etc. I'm reducing my sketching from 1 sketch a day to 3-4 sketches a week because with school, homework, and all the other things I have to do, it has become ridiculously hard to keep up with, and sometimes I go blank and have no idea what to sketch! lol But I promise, I will NOT give up. I've also been reading the biographies of famous fashion designers, and I'm trying to learn how to sew. I'm using a needle and thread right now, and once I master that I'm moving on to the sewing machine.
To all the people who say "Diane, you're doing too much" or "Why are you always talking about fashion?!", I don't think you understand that THIS IS MY DREAM! I've wanted this forever. The fashion business is very competitive. If you want to make it you have to stand out, you have to be better than the rest. If I go to an interview and they see that I have the passion, I can sketch, I know fashion history, I know current fashion, I know all about the top fashion designers, I have my own fashion blog, I can sew, etc. I will most likely make it! So I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, and try my best to make it where I truly want to be.

"Follow your passion, and success will follow you."- Terri Guillemets

No comments:

Post a Comment