Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Coming Soon: Avant-Garde Africa!


ATTENTION: This collection has already been completed. You can view it at http://dianesfashionblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/avant-garde-africa-finished-collection.html


Avant-Garde Africa will be the name of my first "collection". Making the sketch above (which features a Cameroon-Flag printed top) inspired me to come up with the idea of designing African-printed clothing in modern shapes, styles, and silhouettes.
I'm going to do about 10-20 sketches for this collection. When I'm done with all of them, I'll upload pictures of them onto a blog post.
It's going to take me a while to complete this project because I want it to look great when I'm done. I'm going to start sketching right away. I already have some possible outfits written down in a notebook.
I won't be doing 3 sketches a week while this project is going because I want all the time I can get to work on it, but I'll still regularly post on this blog.
Oh my gosh, I'm so excited about this collection! Aren't you?! lol
Thanks for all the support, and keep on checking-in because there's lots more awesome stuff on the way!







Coming Soon... last week's sketches, and a new outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment