I couldn't help but notice the growing number of people that are starting to wear oxfords. And with that number comes a growing number of people wearing oxfords horribly. Which is sad because I really like oxfords! When oxfords are worn wrong they can look so ugly, grandpa-ish, and just not stylish in any way.
The pictures on this post should serve as inspiration to everyone. It'll show you how other people have stylishly worn oxfords, and how you can create your own unique look.
From looking at these photos, I can tell that oxfords...
- Should be worn with fitted pants: skinny jeans, jeggings, leggings (your top should cover your butt because leggings are NOT pants!), etc.
- Won't look good with pants that flare out (they'll cover up the shoe!)
- Can look great with skirts, dresses, and shorts
- Can look chic when paired with tights (Tights aren't pants though; wear something to cover your bottom!)
- Can be worn with cuffed boyfriend jeans/pants (the cuff will keep your jeans from covering your shoes)