Friday, May 18, 2012

Bringing You Up-to-Date on My Sketches

It's so embarrassing to admit that my weekly, routine sketching has completely fallen apart! The last time I did one of my weekly sketches was last September. Sad, isn't it? Now that I truly realize the importance of sketching, which is to be able to effectively portray and share my ideas with/to others, I am more than ready to pick back up on my weekly sketching. I've been very busy lately, so I'm going to start slow; one sketch a week should do it.
I did a little sketching last week; I was basically "persuaded" into doing it, so I'm not even going to count it as a weekly sketch. One of my friends asked me to sketch a jumpsuit for her, and being the over-achiever that I am, I sketched two just in case she didn't like one. Before I started sketching, I asked her to describe her style for me, and I also did some research on what types of clothing would flatter her body type. I decided a while ago to only sketch/make clothes that I would wear, but since I don't really like jumpsuits, this was sort of a challenge. While keeping her opinion in mind, I tried to make jumpsuits that I would wear too, and here is what I came up with:


(Outfit 1 features: spiky collar, attached black button-down sleeveless top, green skinny belt
Outfit 2 features: low-cut, cut-outs)
The outfit on the right is both my friend's style and flattering for her body type; the outfit on the left is more my style.

Here are some pictures (that I should have uploaded months ago) of my weekly sketches:




I also made a YouTube video for the "Project Runway" sketch above.



Now that I caught you-all back up on my sketches, hopefully I'll have at least one new sketch to show you every week.
Well, we can only hope.

-Diane <3

No comments:

Post a Comment