Saturday, August 18, 2012

Red Pepper Dress

This post is long overdue. Sorry!

A few weeks ago, SUGARLIPS sent me this beautiful Red Pepper Dress.


I got so many compliments when I wore it for the first time on Thursday! I love this dress because it's so versatile. The shape is simple and dainty, the colors are bold, and the print is beautiful.
I usually don't go for soft, flowy silhouettes, and I tend to wear dark colors, but this dress is a challenge that I'm gladly taking on.
I wore it to school on Thursday underneath my little brother's white button-down that I tied tightly around my waist to give me some shape. I also paired it with my silver spike & chain necklace because I love mixing flowy fabrics with hard, structured, sturdy add-ons. To give my outfit some interest, I mixed patterns using my Vera Bradley Puccini messenger bag.


spike necklace, white button-down, red pepper dress, vera bradley messenger bag, leggings, lace-up boots


I haven't worn the second outfit anywhere yet, but I will as soon as I get the chance.
I belted the dress to show off my waist (of course) and stayed true to my "rocker" spike & chain necklace. The over-the-knee tights are quirky and cute, and the high-heel oxfords make me look slimmer and taller than I already am.

red pepper dress, spike & chain necklace, skinny belt, over-the-knee tights, high-heel oxfords


So now do you  see what I mean when I say that the dress is "so versatile"?
"Ready-to-wear, easy to pair, makes people stop-and-stare."

...oh my gosh, I'm so lame! haha

-Diane <3

No comments:

Post a Comment